Cannot recommend unless you don't have anything better to do with your life than waiting in line to get false information.
Bestellnummer: 469405
This is gonna be a long one.
TLDR: Don't trust their stock listings, be sceptical about any information you get from them both over the phone and on mail, and call them every day, else nothing is going to happen, even if they tell you otherwise.
On the 29th of June I ordered a Dainese Laguna Seca D1 in size S/T 98 listed as being in stock although not locally so an expected time until shipping would be 3-4 days. It should be noted that this is STILL what is written on their page today as of the 22nd of July even though it is not available. The exact listing description is: "Die Lieferzeit beträgt ca. 3-4 Tage. Der Artikel ist im Lager, aber nicht im Ladenlokal vorrätig!". On the 5th of July I called the trader and asked for an order status. I was told that the product was ordered from their warehouse or supplier and would be shipped the following wednesday (12th of July) and the expected delivery would be friday, two days after the order would have been shipped. On the 7th of July I received an email saying that the payment was received. On the 12th of July I wrote their customer service asking for an order status and around an hour later I called them as well. Their customer service representative then told me (after waiting in line on the phone for about 30 minutes) that the product was no longer available and he offered an alternative product in a different size, that I was not interested in. We agreed that the best path forward was to cancel the order and refund the order. I asked when I could expect to have the order amount back on my account and was told by the end of the week. I immediately checked the order page on my account page on their website and the order was listed as cancelled as expected. A few hours later I received a reply from their customer service saying the following: "Hello, we sent the order in the next working days. we inform you via mail.".
This surprised me as it was clearly visible for me on their account page that the order was cancelled and the product should be unavailable so either they did not check the order at all before replying or deliberately gave me wrong information.
I replied: "Hi, I just spoke to your hotline around 11.45 and was told that the product was no longer available, so the order was cancelled. This seems to be contradictory to that information?"
Later they replied: "Hello, we have cenceled the order." Followed by my reply: "Hi, Yes I am aware, that was just not what you wrote 20 minutes ago. I assume that the order amount will be refunded today and be available on my account later this week as your support representative promised by phone earlier?".
Reply from trader: "Hello, that's right. you get the money back asap.".
I waited until friday (14th of July) and called them again, as the payment (as per SEPA transaction guidelines) should have been carried out by then at the latest and now (again after three attempts where the first calls dropped and each after around 30minutes in line waiting) they told me to send them my banking information (IBAN). So apparently they were unable to return the order amount without having me sent my banking details but didn't care telling me in the first place, neither over the phone or the following emails. Two things are wrong here, 1) usually you can extract the necessary information from the original transaction, so it should not be necessary to have me supply this information. 2) If they for some reason are unable to get the information themselves, they could have said so in the first call two days prior where they promised to return the money by the end of the week or simply send an email once they found out. I wonder if I would have ever gotten any closer to getting my money if I had'nt called them.
I was told as well, that if I send my IBAN during the next few minutes they would process the transaction immediately and it would be handled as fast as possible. I sent the IBAN immediately after the call ended.
On wednesday the 19th of July I decided to call them again. Once again, this was when the SEPA transaction should have been carried out if it had been made at all. I had actually tried calling the evening before, but after being in line for 30 minutes the call just dropped and after another attempt of around 30 minutes their phone lines closed.
This time I was told that they would process the transaction the same day and after the call I received an order confirmation with the negative amount. Apparently they had never even created the credit note, so no action whatsoever had at this point been done on their end in order to carry out the refund. I was told that they would send me an email as well with the proof of transaction from the bank. They send me an email without an attachment and first after calling them again (they didn't reply on email) they finally send the attachment. I called them the day after and finally got through to someone after four failed attempts, two of them where their phone system hung up on me and two where I got to speak to someone who, in a very tired voice asked me to wait, and then I got hung up on again. On the fifth attempt I actually got through to someone and was told that the transaction was carried out. I received my refund the day after.
On a positive note, if any, the last two days their waiting time were down to around 10-15 minutes instead of more than 20 minutes. I know it's not much of a positive but there really aren't any other things about their way of handling their business that gets even close to a neutral experience.
Just to make sure that they won't come up with argument of unstable cell-phone connection on my part, all calls were handled using Skype for Business on a computer connected via cable on a large stable business network, so I find it very unlikely that connection speed or stability would ever have been an issue.
July 22, 2017
Unprompted review